Plants and plant products
Implementation of the new format phytosanitary certificate for re-export. Language(s): English. Number of pages: 2
South Africa implemented a new format phytosanitary certificate for re-export since 1 April 2021.
The new format has the following security features:
1. The certificate has two numbers: on top right-hand corner there is a barcode, which is the document number;
2. There is a second barcode and QR code as an added security feature;
3. The phytosanitary certificate number appears between the QR and the barcode. This is the number to be used on any communication in relation to issued phytosanitary certificate;
4. The new phytosanitary number starts with NPPO-ZA/yyyy/mm/number;
5. The e-phyto will only contain the new phytosanitary certificate number;
6. Phytosanitary certificates will be printed on normal A4 printing paper. Trading partners are to note that South Africa will have to discontinue the use of original paper with security features in the international trade.