Grape, grape wine, wine materials; beverages containing wine
Draft Law of Ukraine on amendments to the Law of Ukraine "On grapes and grape wine". Language(s): Ukrainian. Number of pages: 85
The draft Law provides for:
- the adjustment of the terms and definitions, the classification of grape varieties and the requirements for the production of wine products made from the respective grape varieties, as well as some enological practices and restrictions, to be in conformity with the classifications adopted in the EU countries;
- the introduction of registration, reporting and production of wine products with the use in the names of geographical indications and wines of controlled designation of origin similar to those used in the EU countries;
- the introduction of new terms and definitions in accordance with the categories of European legislation;
- the implementation of the rules of labeling and presentation of wine products;
- the establishment of principles for inspections of the production of wine products from the vineyard to the final product, to determine the controlling institutions and their powers etc.
This draft Law is also notified in accordance with the provisions of the TBT Agreement.