Vegetables, fruit, animal products, and other food products.
Proposals to Amend the New Zealand (Maximum Residue Levels for Agricultural Compounds) Food Notice.. Language(s): English. Number of pages: 18
The document contains technical details on proposals to amend the current Notice issued under the Food Act 2014 that lists the maximum residue levels (MRLs) for agricultural compounds in New Zealand.
MPI proposes the following amendments to the Notice:
a. New MRL entries for the following compounds and commodities:
- Flumetsulam: 0.01(*) mg/kg in cereal grains, 0.1 mg/kg in eggs, 0.01 mg/kg in mammalian meat, 0.1 mg/kg in mammalian offal, 0.01 mg/kg in milk, 0.1 mg/kg in poultry meat, and 0.1 mg/kg in poultry offal.
- Thiencarbazone-methyl: 0.01 mg/kg for mammalian meat, mammalian fat, mammalian offal, and milk.
b. The amendment of existing MRL entries for the following compounds and commodities:
- Foramsulfuron: 0.01 mg/kg in mammalian meat, mammalian fat, mammalian offal, and milk, and to delete the MRL for maize.
- Mefentrifluconazole: 0.07 mg/kg for grapes and 0.15 mg/kg for pome fruits.
- Spinetoram: 0.01(*) mg/kg for maize, 0.02 mg/kg in milk, 0.15 mg/kg in milk fats, 0.01(*) mg/kg in poultry meat, offal, and eggs, and 0.01(*) mg/kg in sweetcorn; amend the mammalian fat description to exclude milk fats and increase the MRL to 0.5 mg/kg; and to combine the mammalian kidney and liver MRLs into a single mammalian offal MRL of 0.03 mg/kg.
- Tetraniliprole: 0.3 mg/kg for stone fruits.
(*) indicates that the maximum residue level has been set at or about the limit of analytical quantification.
c. The addition of four new entries in Schedule 3 for veterinary medicines for which no maximum residue level applies:
- Aniseed oil, menthol, and sassafras oil, when used as topical liniments on horses.
- Luteinising hormone (LH), when used to manage reproduction in ruminants.