Cosmetic products, including under heading HS 3304
Proposal to amend the Cosmetics Products Group Standard 2020, 29 pages, English.
The Proposal to amend the Cosmetic Products Group Standard 2020 (the Group Standard) includes proposals to:
· Update lists of cosmetic ingredients subject to certain rules (including those that are banned/restricted) to be consistent with current annexes of EU Cosmetics Products Regulation (Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009);
· Expand the scope of the Group Standard to require products that are not hazardous in themselves but do contain a hazardous component to comply with the Group Standard;
· Introduce a phase-out of PFAS (perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances) containing cosmetic products by 31 December 2025;
· Updating requirements to adhere to the International Fragrance Association (IFRA) Standards to reference the 50th amendment of those standards, and any subsequent versions;
· Providing for appropriate transitional arrangements; and
Several other minor drafting changes.