Proposed Amendments to the Standards and Specifications for Foods. Language(s): Korean. Number of pages: 232
The proposed amendment seeks to:
1. Revise the definition of "Food irradiation treatment" by excluding x-ray used for inspection purpose.
2. Revise the list of "Ingredients of Plant Origin" in the "Classification of Food Ingredients".
3. Revise and clarify the target food products subject to the application of maximum radioactivity limits.
4. Add two newly identified compounds to the list of erectile dysfunction drugs and their analogues, which shall not be detected in foods.
5. Revise the storage and distribution standards to allow temporary thawing of frozen fishery products for the purpose of removing foreign matters, cutting or subdividing the product.
6. Revise the limit of iodine value in "Soybean oil".
7. Revise the "Ingredients Approved for Use in Food" by newly adding 10 ingredients including "Amphioctopus membranaceus".
8. Revise the maximum residual limits of veterinary drugs and clarify the substances which are exempted from the application of MRLs.
9. Revise and establish the maximum residual limits of pesticides in agricultural products (83 pesticides including Glufosinate (ammonium)).
10. Revise the General Test Methods.
11. Revise several terms for clarification and harmonization.