Sauerkraurt (Pickled or soured cabbage); (HS: 2001); (ICS: 67.080.20)
SI 58 - Pickled or soured canned vegetables: Sauerkraurt (6 page(s), in Hebrew)
Fourth amendment to the Mandatory Standard SI 58, dealing with canned pickled vegetables. This draft amendment changes the following:
· Changes the standard's name from "Canned vegetables: Pickled, or acidified in vinegar or in food acids" to "Pickled or soured canned vegetables: Sauerkraurt" both in Hebrew and in English;
· Changes the standard's scope to apply to soured/pickled cabbage intended for direct consumption, including for catering purposes or for repacking as required, but not intended for re-processing;
· Deletes all sections and sub-sections dealing with fruits and vegetables other than cabbage: Sections 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.4.3, 1.5.1, 1.5.4, 2.1.3, 2.3.2, Annex A, and Annex E;
· Changes section 2.1 dealing with "Starting materials" and apply all requirements to cabbage;
· Changes section 2.2.2 dealing with "Food additives", deletes the restrictions and allows adding food coloring only with a special permit from the Ministry of Health;
· Changes section 2.3.1.dealing with "Marking" and require that the product's name shall be Sauerkraurt;
· Changes section 2.3.4 to apply only to cabbage;
· Replaces section 2.4.2 and requires that the solution in which the cabbage is placed will not be mucous. Nevertheless, the salt solution is allowed to be cloudy;
· Changes Annex D.
All other types of canned fruits and vegetables shall be covered by the scope of the future Mandatory Standard SI 58 part 3, as notified in G/TBT/N/ISR/1194.