Portable luminaires; (HS: 8513, 8539, 8541, 9405); (ICS: 29.140.40)
SI 20 Part 2.4 - Luminaires: Particular requirements - Portable general purpose luminaires (13 page(s), in English; 5 page(s), in Hebrew)
Revision of the Mandatory Standard SI 20 part 2.4, dealing with portable luminaires. This draft standard revision adopts the International Standard IEC 60598-2-4 - Edition 3.0: 2017-04, with a few changes that appear in the standard's Hebrew section. The major differences between the old version and this new revised draft standard are as follow:
· Changes the standard's scope, classification and requirements to cover portable luminaires for both indoor and outdoor applications, by introducing the requirements already listed in IEC 60598-2-7;
· Changes the standard's scope to cover all electrical light sources (previously limited to the tungsten filament, tubular fluorescent and other discharge lamps);
· Adds a symbol for luminaires which are other than ordinary, but suitable for indoor applications only (luminaire using PVC cable);
· Modifies the stability test on an inclined plane (paragraph 4.7.3);
· Modifies the minimum degree of protection against dust and moisture for portable luminaires for outdoor use (paragraph 4.5.2);
· Modifies the requirements for the acceptance criteria of plug and socket outlet;
· Modifies the IP test requiring the most unfavourable of the overturned positions to cover all classes.
Both the old standard and this new revised standard will apply from the entry into force of the new standard until 30 March 2021. During this time product may be tested according to the old or the new revised standard.