Canned meat products; (HS: 1601, 1602); (ICS: 67.120)
SI 389 - Canned meat products (11 page(s), in Hebrew)
Revision of the partially Mandatory Standards SI 389 and SI 1085, to be replaced with SI 389, dealing with canned meat products. The major differences between the old version and this new revised draft standard are as follow:
· Expends the standard's scope to includes also poultry products including poultry and beef inner parts;
· Includes also meat products packed in flexible packages;
· Adds new methods for complying with the commercial sterility requirements;
· Deletes the requirements for fat content (separate and general), meat crumbles and connective tissues;
· Adds a new requirement for combination meals;
· Adds new definitions for "Meat with a supplement" and for "Food with a meat supplement";
· Allows the use of food supplement according to Israel Public Health Protection Law (2015) and regulations (2001);
· Adds a reference to the flavour and fragrance materials guidelines document issued by Israel Ministry of Health (2015);
· Adds a new paragraph 10 dealing with contaminants;
· Changes the test methods (paragraph 12).
All section and sub-sections in the new revised standard will mandatory. Both the old standards and the new revised standard will apply for a period of 12 months for the entry into force of this revision. During this time products could be tested according to the old or the new revised standards.