Portable extinguishers; (HS: 842410); (ICS: 13.220.10)
SI 318 - Carbon dioxide portable extinguishers (10 page(s), in Hebrew)
Revision of the Mandatory Standard SI 318, dealing with carbon dioxide portable fire extinguishers. The major differences between the old version and this new revised draft standard are as follow:
· Changes the values from N to Kg;
· Deletes part of paragraph 102 dealing with operation;
· Deletes paragraph 105 dealing with individual test and paragraph 209 dealing with handles and rests;
· Amends the paragraphs dealing with steel and aluminium containers and adds references to the Israeli standards that applies to these containers;
· Changes the paragraph dealing with the container's test and adds reference to the Israeli standard that applies;
· Adds new requirements and sub-paragraph to the chapter dealing with the extinguisher's structure: Refill, temperature range, safety catch and seal.
· Adds new test requirements for leakage over a period of a year;
. Adds a table with levels of extinguishment to the paragraph dealing with extinguisher's capability.