Electric space heating apparatus and electric soil heating apparatus (excluding storage heating radiators) (HS 851629)
Proyecto del Reglamento Técnico Ecuatoriano PRTE INEN 139 "Calefactores eléctricos de uso doméstico" (Draft Ecuadorian Technical Regulation PRTE INEN No. 139 "Electric heaters for domestic use") (9 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Ecuadorian Technical Regulation establishes the requirements to be met by electric heaters for domestic use, prior to the marketing of domestic and imported products, with the aim of protecting human safety and preventing misleading practices.
It applies to the following products: Electric heaters for domestic use, with a rated voltage not exceeding 250 V.
It does not apply to:
· Appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
· Appliances intended for use in places where special conditions prevail, such as where there is a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
· Heaters incorporated into air-conditioning appliances;
· Clothes-dryers and towel rails;
· Heating appliances for saunas;
· Storage room heaters;
· Heating appliances for breeding and rearing animals;
· Foot warmers and heating mats;
· Flexible sheet heating elements for room heating;
· Heated carpets;
· Central heating systems;
· Heating cables.