9620.00: Of iron, steel or aluminium; Articles of apparel and clothing accessories (including gloves, mittens and mitts) (HS 392620); Other (HS 401590); Belts and bandoliers (HS 420330); Other clothing accessories (HS 420340); Articles of yarn, strip or the like of heading 54.04 or 54.05, twine, cordage, rope or cables, not elsewhere specified or included (HS 5609); Other (HS 630790); Other (HS 731290); Other screws and bolts, whether or not with their nuts or washers (HS 731815); Other (HS 731829); Other (HS 732690); Other (HS 761090)
Proyecto de Segunda Revisión del Reglamento Técnico Ecuatoriano PRTE INEN 217 (2R) "Equipos de protección pndividual contra caídas de altura" (Draft second revision (2R) of Ecuadorian Technical Regulation PRTE INEN No. 217: "Personal protective equipment against falls from a height") (15 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Ecuadorian Technical Regulation establishes the requirements to be met by personal protective equipment against falls from a height, prior to the marketing of domestic and imported products, with the aim of protecting human health and safety and preventing deceptive practices.
It applies to the following products:
1. Personal protective equipment: belts for work positioning and restraint;
2. Personal protective equipment against falls from a height: safety harnesses;
3. Connection subsystems: lanyards, energy absorbers, retractable-type fall arresters and connectors supplied with personal protective equipment against falls from a height;
4. Anchor devices for use solely with personal protective equipment against falls from a height;
5. Personal protective equipment and systems for fall prevention during construction and demolition activities.
It does not apply to:
1. Systems used for handling materials and sports-related activities;
2. Lanyards or systems used to lift loads, objects, materials or goods.