Stranded wire, cables, plaited bands and the like, of copper, not electrically insulated (HS 7413); Of refined copper (HS 74081).
Proyecto de Segunda Revisión del Reglamento Técnico Ecuatoriano PRTE INEN 153 (2R) "Conductores y alambres de cobre desnudo para uso eléctrico" (Draft second revision (2R) of Ecuadorian Technical Regulation (PRTE INEN) No. 153 "Bare copper conductors and wires for electrical use") (11 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Technical Regulation establishes the requirements to be met by bare copper conductors and wires for electrical use, prior to the marketing of domestic and imported products, with the aim of protecting human safety and preventing deceptive practices.
It applies to the following products:
· Hard-drawn bare copper wires, of circular cross-section.
· Medium-hard-drawn bare copper wires, of circular cross-section.
· Annealed or soft-drawn bare copper wires, of circular cross-section.
· Tin-coated soft or annealed copper wires.
· Tinned hard-drawn and medium-hard-drawn copper wires.
· Lead-coated and lead-alloy-coated soft or annealed copper wires.
· Soft or annealed rectangular and square bare copper wires.
· Concentric-lay-stranded hard, medium-hard or soft copper conductors.
· 19-wire combination unilay copper conductors.
· Compressed circular round-stranded copper conductors.
· Stranded copper conductors having bunch-stranded members.
· Stranded copper conductors having concentric-stranded members.
· Bunch-stranded copper conductors.
· Compact round stranded copper conductors with single input wire construction.
· Concentric-lay-stranded copper and copper-clad steel conductors.
It does not apply to:
· Copper wire rod from 7.5 mm to 10 mm used as raw material for the manufacture of copper conductors and wires for electrical use.
· Enamel wires (winding wires and electromagnetic wires).
· Wires for electronic application.
. Contact wires for electric traction.