Saws (HS 846722)
Proyecto de Segunda Revisión del Reglamento Técnico Ecuatoriano PRTE INEN 173 (2R) "Sierras eléctricas manuales y semifijas" (Draft second revision (2R) of Ecuadorian Technical Regulation PRTE INEN 173, "Hand-held and transportable electric saws") (11 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Ecuadorian Technical Regulation establishes the requirements to be met by hand-held and transportable electric saws, prior to the marketing of domestic and imported products, with the aim of protecting human safety and preventing deceptive practices.
It applies to the following products:
· Hand-held circular saws and bench-mounted hand-held circular saws.
· Transportable bench saws with a blade not exceeding 315 mm in diameter.
· Reciprocating saws (jigsaws and sabre saws).
· Chain saws for cutting wood.
· Hand-held band saws.
· Transportable band saws with a saw band not exceeding 2,700 mm in length and band wheels not exceeding 350 mm in diameter.
· Held-held cut-off machines fitted with one bonded reinforced wheel or one or more diamond cut-off wheels.
· Transportable mitre saws with a blade not exceeding 350 mm in diameter.
· Transportable mitre-bench saws with a blade not exceeding 315 mm in diameter.
It does not apply to:
· Saws used for preparing and processing food.
. Saws used for medical purposes.