Pressure-reducing valves (HS 848110); Check (nonreturn) valves for pipes, boiler shells, tanks, vats or the like (HS 848130)
Proyecto de Segunda Revisión del Reglamento Técnico Ecuatoriano PRTE INEN 090 (2R) "Válvulas reductoras de presión" (Draft second revision (2R) of Ecuadorian Technical Regulation PRTE INEN No. 090 "Pressure-reducing valves") (11 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Ecuadorian Technical Regulation establishes the requirements to be met by pressure-reducing valves, prior to the marketing of domestic and imported products, with the aim of protecting human safety and preventing deceptive practices.
It applies to the following products: Water pressure-reducing valves:
1. Water pressure-reducing valves and combination water pressure-reducing valves, with nominal diameters from DN 8 (1/4") to DN 100 (4"), for water input pressures not exceeding 1.6 MPa (16 bars) and water temperatures not exceeding 30ºC and 80ºC for cold and hot water applications, respectively (used in building and construction).
2. Water pressure-reducing valves used in or connected to above- or below-ground water supply piping systems that transport water intended for human consumption (for municipal drinking-water networks).
3. Water pressure-reducing valves intended for use in agricultural irrigation systems, with nominal diameters from DN 8 (1/4") to DN 100 (4"), for use with water at temperatures up to 60ºC.
4. Water pressure-reducing valves used in fire-fighting systems.
5. Direct-acting pressure-reducing and pressure-limiting valves for reducing water pressure in vertical piping systems or sprinkler system supply pipes.