Oil or petrol-filters for internal combustion engines (HS 842123); Intake air filters for internal combustion engines (HS 842131); Other (HS 842199)
Proyecto de Segunda Revisión del Reglamento Técnico Ecuatoriano PRTE INEN 129 (2R) "Etiquetado de filtros de aceite, filtros de combustible: diésel y gasolina, y filtros de aire de entrada para motores de combustión interna" (Draft second revision (2R) of Ecuadorian Technical Regulation PRTE INEN No. 129: "Labelling of oil filters, diesel and petrol filters, and intake air filters for internal combustion engines") (9 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Ecuadorian Technical Regulation establishes the labelling requirements to be met by oil filters, diesel and petrol filters, and intake air filters for internal combustion engines, prior to the marketing of domestic and imported products, with the aim of preventing deceptive practices.
It applies to the following products:
· Constant-flow lubricating oil filters,
· Diesel and petrol filters,
· Air filters.
It does not apply to:
· Compressor filters used in industrial applications,
· Hydraulic filters,
· Cabin and air-conditioner air filters,
· Centrifugal oil filters,
· Brake air dryer filters,
· Magnetic or electromagnetic oil filters,
· Housing or parts for the manufacture of filters,
· Filtering material,
· Accessories that do not come with the filter (gaskets, hoses, washers in metal, plastic or rubber),
· Internal fuel filters (inside the tank),
· Diesel-water separator filters,
. Filtering elements.