271020 - Petroleum oils and oils obtained from bituminous minerals (other than crude) and preparations not elsewhere specified or included, containing by weight 70% or more of petroleum oils or of oils obtained from bituminous minerals, these oils being the basic constituents of the preparations, containing biodiesel, other than waste oils; Other (HS 271019)
Proyecto de Segunda Revisión del Reglamento Técnico Ecuatoriano PRTE INEN 014 (2R) "Aceites lubricantes" (Draft second revision (2R) of Ecuadorian Standardization Institute Technical Regulation (PRTE INEN) No. 014 "Lubricating oils") (9 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Technical Regulation establishes the requirements to be met by lubricating oils, prior to the marketing of domestic and imported products, with the aim of protecting human, animal and plant health and safety and the environment, and preventing misleading practices.
The notified draft Technical Regulation applies to the following products:
1. Lubricating oils for Otto-cycle internal combustion engines;
2. Lubricating oils for internal combustion diesel engines;
3. Lubricating oils for manual transmissions and differentials for automotive equipment.
The notified draft Technical Regulation does not apply to:
1. Lubricating oils for two-stroke engines;
2. Lubricating oils for engines that use natural gas as fuel;
3. Lubricating oils for automatic transmission gears.