Pistachios (Pistacia vera)
Establece requisitos fitosanitarios de importación de frutos secos de pistachos (Pistacia vera) procedentes de Estados Unidos de Norteamérica (Phytosanitary requirements governing the importation of pistachios (Pistacia vera) from the United States of Amercia) Language(s): Spanish Number of pages: 3
1. The notified text establishes the following phytosanitary requirements governing the importation of pistachios (Pistacia vera) from the United States of America:
2. To enter the country, a shipment must be covered by an official phytosanitary certificate, issued by the phytosanitary authority of the country of origin, with an additional declaration that the shipment has undergone quarantine treatment [identify the treatment in Section III of the phytosanitary certificate] for the control of Amyelois transitella (Lep.: Pyralidae) and Megastigmus pistaceae (Hym.: Torymidae).
The following alternatives will be accepted as phytosanitary treatments for the control of Amyelois transitella (Lep.: Pyralidae) and Megastigmus pistaceae (Hym.: Torymidae):
Fumigant: methyl bromide (normal atmospheric pressure)
fumigant: phosphine (normal atmospheric pressure).
3. Once the treatment is completed, the shipment must remain protected at all times until its arrival in Chile in order to maintain its phytosanitary status.
4. Shipments must be free of leaves and other plant remains.
5. Packaging must be new (repackaging is not permitted), closed, resistant to handling, and labelled or marked in accordance with the Agriculture and Livestock Service (SAG) regulations currently in force.
6. The wood used for packaging, pallets and packing materials must comply with quarantine regulations when entering the country.
7. The packaging materials used must allow for potential quarantine treatments to be carried out at points of entry.
8. SAG officials at the authorized port of entry will inspect shipments upon their arrival in Chile, verify their compliance with the relevant phytosanitary requirements, and decide, on the basis of the accompanying documentation, whether their entry should be authorized or whether appropriate measures should be adopted in accordance with existing legislation.