Heat cost allocators
Swedish Board for Accreditation and Conformity Assessment's Regulations on heat cost allocators
In summary, the proposal contains the following:
- requirements aimed at economic operators making heat cost allocators available on the market and at users of such instruments;
- scope linked to the obligation to install heat cost allocators in accordance with the Ordinance (2022:336) on Energy Metering in Buildings;
- parts of the requirements in standard SS-EN 834 or equivalent requirements shall be met with regard to heat cost allocators, with the exception of the requirements relating to installation and the period after putting into service;
- certain quality level requirements (function with two-sensor principle), temperature and humidity conditions, labelling and that the party putting the heat cost allocator into service shall ensure that it is suitable for the foreseeable operating conditions;
- a heat cost allocator shall have been tested;
- an accredited laboratory shall carry out testing and, in respect of the other requirements, the manufacturer or other economic operators shall be able to show that these have been met;
- the laboratory performing the testing shall be independent of the company whose heat cost allocator is to be assessed and shall have no user interest in the instrument;
- the laboratory that performed the testing shall draw up certain documentation;
- heat cost allocators shall be accompanied by a manufacturer’s declaration that the instrument complies with the prescribed requirements and instructions for use;
- for heat cost allocators available on the market, certain information shall be available for supervision purposes; and
- the party putting into service a heat cost allocator shall have readily available certain information relating to the instrument, for supervision purposes.
The draft regulation contains a mutual recognition clause.