The Regulation lays down the conditions and the procedures for:
1. the incorporation of construction products in construction works in the Republic of Bulgaria;
2. the authorisation, notification and control of persons involved in the assessment of construction products;
3. the issue of or the refusal to issue permits to persons to perform compliance assessments and to evaluate and inspect the constancy of performance of construction products, for the issue of a European Technical Assessment and of Bulgarian technical approvals of construction products;
4. the re-issue, expansion, update, limitation of the scope, suspension and cancellation of the permits issued referred to in subparagraph 3;
5. the assessment and the drawing up of a declaration of performance of construction products which do not fall within the scope of the existing harmonised standards and for which no European Technical Assessments have been issued;
6. the definition of Bulgarian national requirements for construction products in regard to their intended use;
7. the performance of the functions of a contact point for construction products, in compliance with Article 10 of Regulation (EU) No 305/2011.
Draft Regulation amending and supplementing Regulation No RD-02-20-1 of 2015 on the conditions and the procedure for the incorporation of construction products in construction works in the Republic of Bulgaria
The draft Regulation amending and supplementing Regulation No RD-02-20-1 of 2015 creates conditions for the harmonised implementation of national provisions on the incorporation of construction products into construction works with the provisions on the placing on the market of products which fall within the scope of new and amended European regulations and directives, such as Regulation (EU) 2019/515, Regulation (EU) 2019/1020, amendments to the Regulation on additional measures related to the implementation of regulations adopted pursuant to Article 15 of Directive 2009/125/EC of the European Parliament, amendments to the Regulation on the requirements for labelling and provision of standard information on energy-related products with regard to energy consumption and other resources, and Regulation on construction waste management.
With a view to the full application of the principles of a circular economy, the activity related to the incorporation of recovered construction waste (CW) into construction works, to the products from CW prepared for reuse, and to recycled building materials representing construction products is to be regulated. The development of national requirements for their incorporation and methods for their assessment is planned.
With a view to alleviating the administrative burden, a possibility for conducting joint inspections with the Executive Agency ‘Bulgarian Accreditation Service’ for accreditation for the purposes of notification, where applicants have declared the same scope for notification is to be created.
Omissions related to the implementation of Regulation No RD-02-20-1 of 2015 are to be eliminated, templates designed to unify the checks carried out in connection with the authorisation and notification of bodies involved in the assessment of construction products and the implementation of electronic information exchange, are to be supplemented, European acts are to be updated, the terminology is to be aligned. The procedure for issuing permits to persons for the assessment of construction products and for exercising control over their activities is to be revised.