Order amending the Order on the Building Decree 2012 and the Energy Performance of Buildings Order on the implementation of the second revision of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive
The Building Decree 2012 contains regulations on the renovation and demolition of structures, the condition and use of existing structures, open areas and grounds, and safety during construction and demolition works. The Decree amending the Building Decree 2012 and a number of other decrees concerning the implementation of the second revision of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive details the requirements arising from the second revision of the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (Directive (EU) 2018/844 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 May 2018 amending Directive 2010/31/EU on the energy performance of buildings and Directive 2012/27/EU on energy-efficiency), hereinafter the ‘EPBD III’.
The present amendment to the Order on the Building Decree 2012 provides further elaboration on the requirements included in the aforementioned decree:
• the method for determining energy performance of technical building systems;
• requirements for documenting energy performance of technical building systems;
• further elaboration on system requirements for appropriate dimensioning, installation, adjustment and adjustability of technical building systems;
• elaboration on inspections for heating systems and air conditioning systems.
EPBD III reduces the use of (fossil fuel) energy in buildings.
Article 1(3) of the Building Decree 2012 contains an equivalence provision that also applies to this amendment. See also the explanatory notes by article regarding said provision.
Article 1(3) Equivalence provision, paragraphs 1 and 2.
1. It is not necessary to meet a requirement given in Chapters 2 to 7 if the structure or its use offers at least the same level of safety, health protection, usability, energy-efficiency and environmental protection as that intended by the provisions of these chapters, without applying said provisions.
2. An equivalent solution as referred to in paragraph 1 shall be retained during use of the structure.