- Establishment of waste planning: Galician strategy for a circular
economy and plans and programmes for waste management and prevention.
- Promotion of electronic processing of waste production,
management and transport in order to make the control of waste
production and management more efficient.
- Implementation of specific prevention and recycling measures for the organic fraction, and for the reduction of food waste.
- Reduction of adverse impacts on human health and the environment. Protection of soil, water, air or the climate.
- Combating climate change.
- Following the hierarchy principle in prevention and management.
DRAFT LAW ON CONTAMINATED WASTE AND SOIL OF GALICIA
It is not permitted to place the following on the market:
(a) single-use plastic tableware (plates, forks, knives, spoons, straws and chopsticks made wholly or partly from plastic and which were not conceived, designed or placed on the market to accomplish within their life span multiple trips or rotations by being re-used for the same purpose for which they were conceived);
(b) single-use plastic glasses, cups and food trays which do not fall within the scope of Directive 94/62/EC on packaging and packaging waste and which are not comprised of 50% biodegradable material, rising to 60% from 2025 and, from 2030, those which are not wholly biodegradable.
4. The ban on placing certain products on the market set out in the above paragraph shall not include straws intended and used for medical purposes.