Fire prevention products
Draft Ministerial Decree laying down requirements for petrol station pumps
The notified measure governs the installation requirements for petrol stations in accordance with Directive 94/9/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 March 1994 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States concerning equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. It will be applied to petrol station pumps equipped with vapour recovery systems, repealing Article 4 of the Decree of 27 January 2006 (Notification 2003/275/I) for such installations and setting aside point 3 of Annex VIII to Legislative Decree No 152 of 3 April 2006 (environmental standards).
Specifically, the draft decree is comprised of five articles, namely:
- Article 1: Defines the field of application;
- Article 2: Establishes the objectives of the decree;
- Article 3: Defines the technical provisions;
- Article 4: Lays down the safeguard clause for the free marketing of products;
- Article 5: Establishes the repeals and final provisions.