Proposed amendments to the Standards and Specifications for Food Additives. Language(s): Korean. Number of pages: 73
Republic of Korea is proposing to amend the "Standards and Specifications for the Food Additives".
1) Flavouring substances consisting with synthetic flavouring substances and natural flavouring substances is newly established and the materials used for dilution, dissolution etc. of flavouring substances are added.
2) The list of Synthetic flavouring substances and natural flavouring substances is revised:
(Synthetic flavouring substances) 86 compounds are newly added, and synonyms of 7 compounds are corrected;
(Origins of Natural flavouring substances) 2 origins are newly added, 4 origins are deleted, and 3 general name are corrected.
3) The standards for the use of the following 16 food additives are revised:
Allura red AC, Allura red AC aluminium lake, Amaranth, Amaranth aluminium lake, Brilliant blue FCF, Brilliant blue FCF aluminium lake, Erythrosine, Fast green FCF, Fast green FCF aluminium lake, Indigocarmine, Indigocarmine aluminium lake, Ponceau 4R, Sunset yellow FCF, Sunset yellow FCF aluminium lake, Tartrazine, Tartrazine aluminium lake.
4) The analytical methods for the following 2 food additives and 1 general test methods are revised:
(Food additives) Glycerin, L-Leucine;
(General test methods) Congealing point.
5) The definition of 4 food additives as mentioned below is revised for giving easily information:
Glycerin Esters of Fatty Acids, Berries Color, Food Starch Modified, Spice Oleoresins.