570420 - Having a maximum surface area exceeding 0.3 m² but not exceeding 1 m²; Carpets and other textile floor coverings (HS 57)
Proyecto de Segunda Revisión del Reglamento Técnico Ecuatoriano PRTE INEN 127 (2R) "Alfombras y demás revestimientos para el suelo, de material textil" (Draft second revision (2R) of Ecuadorian Standardization Institute Technical Regulation (PRTE INEN) No. 127 "Carpets and other textile floor coverings") (12 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Ecuadorian Technical Regulation establishes the requirements to be met by carpets and other textile floor coverings, prior to the marketing of domestic and imported products, with the aim of protecting human safety and preventing deceptive practices.It applies to the following products:
· Machine-made pile and velvet carpets;
· Machine-made hallway carpets and rugs with no pile;
· Carpets, rugs, carpet tiles and fitted carpets;
· Hand-woven carpets made with pure wool;
· Coconut-fibre floor coverings (coir mats)
· Rolled carpets.
It does not apply to:
· Floor covering underlays;
. Car carpets.