Media service providers providing on-demand radio financed by the public service fee.
Draft amendments to the Radio and Television Act (2010:696).
Under the draft provisions, media service providers providing on-demand radio financed by the public service fee under the Act (2018:1893) on the Financing of Public Service Broadcasting shall ensure that recipients of their services can easily access the following information at all times:
1. the name of the provider,
2. the geographical address at which the provider is established,
3. contact details, including the provider’s email address and website,
4. details of the competent supervisory authority, and
5. details of the provider’s owner and ownership structure and, where applicable, the corporate identity number
of the owner.
The information requirements set out in points 1 to 4 are subject to supervision by the Swedish Consumer Agency. If the provider does not make such information available, sanctions may be imposed in accordance with certain provisions of the Marketing Act (2008:486).
The information requirement set out in point 5 is subject to supervision by the Swedish Press and Broadcasting Authority. If the provider does not make such information available, the Authority can impose an administrative order, which may be combined with penalty payments. An appeal against an administrative order combined with a penalty payment may be lodged with an administrative court.