Cereals, pulses, legumes and derived products
Draft Food (Cereals, Pulses, Legumes and Derived Products) Regulations 2020. Language(s): English. Number of pages: 43
These regulations set out several requirements for cereals, pulses and legumes (including split pulses) and their flours and derived products.
- The provisions of these regulations shall apply to agricultural products of following species and their derived products:
· Species: Hordeum vulgare L. or H. distichon, Zea mays L., Eleusine coracana L. Gaertn., Oryza sativa L. (including several types), Sorghum bicolor L. Moench syn Sorghum vulgare pers., Triticum aestivum L., Triticum durum Desf., Vigna mungo L. Hepper syn. Phaseolus mungo Linn., Vigna sinensis (L.) Savi exd Hassk. syn. Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp., Vigna sesquipedalis Fruhw., Cicer arietinum Linn., Phaseolus aureus Roxy., syn. Phaseolus radiatus L., Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek., Lens culinaris Medik. syn. Lens esculenta Moench., Arachis hypogaea L., Glycine max L. Merr., Vigna mungo L. Hepper syn. Phaseolus mungo Linn., Cicer arietinum Linn., Vigna sinensis (L.) Savi exd Hassk syn. Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp. Vigna sesquipedalis Frufw., Lens culinaris Medic. Syn Lens esculenta Moench, Phaseolus aureus Roxb, syn. Phaseolus radiator L., Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek., Cajanus cajan Mill sp., Pisum sativum, Maranta arundinacea or Curcuma augustifolia and any other grains available in Sri Lankan Market.
· Derived products: Flours, sago, custard powder, corn flakes, rice flakes, rolled oats, breads and other bakery products, wafers, extruded snacks, Papadam (crackers), pasta products, noodles, instant noodles, soy products, cakes and cookies, biscuits and processed cereal products, malted food products etc.
- Those products shall be free from objectionable foreign odours and any added colouring substances, insect and fungal infestation, rodent hair and excreta.
- It mentioned the limits for:
· pesticide residues, mycotoxins, Uric acid in any flour, Acid insoluble ash (siliceous matter) in flour, heavy metals (Leads, Arsenic, Cadmium), moisture, extraneous matters, crude fibre, acid insoluble ash, and damaged grains, fortificants, leavening agents, additives, pesticides and microbial content.
- The requirements for labelling, packaging materials and articles, sweeteners, flavour substances, colouring substances, antioxidants, fat/shortening used in bakery products are prescribed under these regulations.