Feathers, bristles, horsehair and animal hair
Proyecto de resolución que fija exigencias para la internación de plumas, cerdas, crines y pelos de animales y deroga resolución que indica (Draft Resolution establishing entry requirements for feathers, bristles, horsehair and animal hair, and repealing the Resolution indicated) Language(s): Spanish Number of pages: 4
The notified draft measure establishes the following sanitary requirements for the entry into Chile of feathers, bristles, horsehair and animal hair:
1. For feathers and down from poultry, the health status of the animals' place of provenance must be taken into consideration, in accordance with World Organisation for Animal Health recommendations. This health status must be approved by the Agriculture and Livestock Service (SAG); alternatively, feathers and down must have undergone one of the specified treatments.
2. For hair and bristles from swine, the health status of the animals' place of provenance must be taken into consideration. The place of provenance must be recognized as free from classical swine fever by the World Organisation for Animal Health and must meet World Organisation for Animal Health recommendations for African swine fever. In both cases, SAG must approve this status; alternatively hair and bristles from swine must have undergone one of the specified treatments.
3. For horsehair and hair from animals other than swine, the required treatments are those specified.
4. Certain requirements are indicated concerning packaged goods and the information to be displayed on packaging.
5. Regarding transport, goods must be transported in such a way as to ensure that sanitary conditions are maintained. This will prevent goods from coming into contact with any source of the pathogens referred to in the measure.
6. The measure specifies the information to be included on official certificates, which must be issued by the relevant health authority.
7. The measure also refers to the checks that products may be required to undergo upon arrival.
Further details can be found in the document attached to this notification.