Draft Order of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine "On the Approval of the Requirements for Chicken Eggs". Language(s): Ukrainian. Number of pages: 20
The draft Order provides for approving the requirements for chicken eggs (hereinafter – the Requirements) in terms of:
· sorting of eggs by quality and weight;
· stamping of eggs, labelling of packages (containers) and transport containers for eggs, containers for industrial eggs and providing information to the consumer in the case of individual sales of eggs;
· packaging and repackaging of eggs, and record-keeping requirements to be maintained by market operators.
Chicken eggs imported (sent) to the customs territory of Ukraine have to comply with the provisions of Sections I-IV of the Requirements, or equivalent requirements of the exporting country.
The draft Order is developed taking into account the following legal acts of the European Union:
· Regulation (EU) No 1308/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 December 2013 establishing a common organisation of the markets in agricultural products and repealing Council Regulations (EEC) No 922/72, (EEC) No 234/79, (EC) No 1037/2001 and (EC) No 1234/2007;
· Commission Regulation (EC) No 589/2008 of 23 June 2008 laying down detailed rules for implementing Council Regulation (EC) No 1234/2007 as regards marketing standards for eggs;
· Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 laying down specific hygiene rules for food of animal origin;
· Commission Directive 2002/4/EC of 30 January 2002 on the registration of establishments keeping laying hens, covered by Council Directive 1999/74/EC;
· Council Directive 1999/74/EC of 19 July 1999 laying down minimum standards for the protection of laying hens.
The draft Order is also notified under the TBT Agreement.