Plants, plant products, other objects and plant protection products
Draft Law of Ukraine "On State Regulation of Plant Protection Sphere". Language(s): Ukrainian. Number of pages: 140
The draft Law is developed with the aim of unification, modernization of Ukrainian legislation in the sphere of plant protection and its approximation to relevant EU law.
Key provisions of the draft Law are the following:
· improvement of requirements for state control over the placing on the market and use of plant protection products, taking into account the relevant EU legislation;
· implementation of the European traceability model provided for by Regulations (EU) No. 2016/2031 and other EU legal acts, including the use of the "plant passport", which will ensure traceability of plant, plant products and other objects; authorization of private persons to perform certain functions of the state (in particular, conducting laboratory tests, issuing plant passports, conducting training on the safe use of plant protection products, carrying out technical inspection of equipment for the use of plant protection products);
· introduction of the state registration system (registers) in the sphere of plant protection;
· introduction of lists regarding the movement of plants, plant products, other objects and plant protection products for the purposes of state control and other official activities; setting requirements for importing (sending) into the customs territory of Ukraine, movement through the territory of Ukraine of plants, plant products, other objects, plant protection products;
· introduction of a document stipulated by Regulation (EU) No. 2016/2031 that is a permit for importing (sending) into the customs territory of Ukraine of regulated pests and certain plant species, products of plant origin and other objects intended for state testing, scientific or academic purposes, approbation, varietal selection or breeding;
· implementation of the provisions of Regulation (EU) No. 2017/625, in particular with regard to general requirements for state control, methods and techniques of implementation of state control measures and other official activities, audit of authorized persons, independent audit of the competent body.
From the date of entry into force of this Law, the current Laws of Ukraine "On Plant Quarantine" and "On Plant Protection" shall cease to be valid.