Quick-frozen food products
Draft Order of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine "On approval of Hygienic requirements for quick-frozen food products intended for human consumption". Language(s): Ukrainian. Number of pages: 7
The draft Order:
1) introduces the definition of quick-frozen food products in the legislation of Ukraine;
2) establishes general principles that have to be met by quick-frozen food products;
3) determines the level of temperature that has to be maintained at the facilities engaged in handling, storage, warehousing, transportation and/or circulation of quick-frozen food products;
4) establishes the requirements for freezing equipment and the list of cryogenic substances (liquids) allowed to be used for quick freezing of food products;
5) establishes the peculiarities of labeling of quick-frozen food products.
Food products that complied with the requirements of the legislation on safety and certain food quality indicators, which was in force before the entry into force of this order, but do not meet the requirements of this order, may be produced and/or put into circulation within three years after the entry into force of this order and be in circulation until the minimum expiration date.
The draft Order is designed to implement Commission Regulation (EC) No 37/2005 of 12 January 2005 on the monitoring of temperatures in the means of transport, warehousing and storage of quick-frozen foodstuffs intended for human consumption, Council Directive 89/108/EEC of 21 December 1988 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to quick-frozen foodstuffs for human consumption.
Given the existence of provisions on the labelling of quick-frozen food products, the draft Order is also notified in accordance with the requirements of the Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade.