TEXTILE AND LEATHER TECHNOLOGY (ICS 59), CLOTHING INDUSTRY (ICS 61)
Garments and textiles - Compulsory requirements (21 page(s), in English)
This standard establishes compulsory requirements for the labelling and chemical composition of garments and textiles.
This standard applies to the following types of garments:
1. all types of garments, whether made of textile, plastics, plastics-coated fabric, suede, grain leather, furs or any combination of these materials, and this also includes the following
2. school uniforms;
6. fashion gloves, mittens and mitts;
7. cloth diapers;
8. swim wear;
9. waterproof rain wear; and
This standard does not apply to bespoke garments, personal protective wear and footwear.
This standard applies to the following textiles:
1. textiles with labels affixed to them, sold at retail or wholesale outlets;
2. household textile articles; eg Draperies, floor coverings, furnishing, beddings, handkerchiefs, towels and pillow cases.
3. textiles sold by length (including narrow fabrics and fents);
4. threads; and
5. any textile article sold with a clear indication that it is a remnant, irregular, second, reject, damaged or used;
This standard does not apply to hair pieces, accessories, smart textiles, industrial textiles, ropes, fabric tapes, any piece of mosquito netting, cord yarn, ribbons or or any other narrow width fabrics that are less than 15 cm in width.
1.3 Chemical composition
This standard applies to the chemical composition of garments and textiles as it pertains to formaldehydes and azo dyes.