Agro‑pesticides; Pesticides and other agrochemicals (ICS 65.100).
Draft Amendment of Agro-pesticides Labelling Management Regulation (10 page(s), in English; 13 page(s), in Chinese)
1. To make agro-pesticides comply with GHS and consistent with international hazard labelling, a business support IT system is to be devised to assist agro-pesticide businesses in label application. The IT system produces label samples and allows specification of products information, including hazard pictograms and hazard statements. The IT system also provides Agro-pesticide business with a better procedure in application of label use or modification.
2. To avoid non-compliant labelling, such as correcting information by using stickers or by affixing both new and original labels on the package, the amendment adds new requirements on label modification applications. The original label must be replaced within a time limit after a label modification application is made (Article 3 was amended) .
3. The amendment makes changes to the information items required on a label of formulated agro-pesticides. Mode of action classification codes and product barcodes are required. Also to comply with GHS, the warning labels and the notices to user are replaced with the GHS hazard pictograms, precautionary pictograms, signal words, and hazard statement. The amendment further aims to implement the user's manual policy. Each retail unit of agro-pesticide must be accompanied with a user's manual (Article 5 was amended).
4. The amendment makes change to the information items required on a label of technical grade agro-pesticides. The warning labels and the notices to user are replaced with the GHS hazard pictograms, precautionary pictograms, signal words, and hazard statement (Article 6 was amended).
5. To ensure visibility of agro-pesticide labels, the amendment adds new requirements on the labelling by the businesses. The information given from such labelling texts or images must not overlap with the information which is legally required on an agro-pesticide label (Article 7 was amended).
6. To comply with GHS and to categorize agro-pesticides by their properties, the amendment adds new requirements on technical grade agro-pesticides and formulated agro-pesticides. Hazard pictograms, signal words, and hazard statements must comply with the national standard, CNS 15030. The warning label is replaced with hazard pictograms; the notices to user are replaced with precautionary pictograms. Also, the amendment adds an Attachment of Honey Bee Acute Toxicity Classification, so that the control over agro-pesticide's effect to non-target organism will be further strengthened (Article 12 was amended).