Transport exhaust emissions (ICS code(s): 13.040.50); Commercial vehicles (ICS code(s): 43.080)
Draft Ministerial Regulation on Heavy motor vehicle equipped with compression ignition engines: safety requirements; emission from engine, level 6 (TIS 3046–2563); (26 page(s), in Thai)
The draft Ministerial Regulation mandates engine vehicles to conform with the standard for Heavy motor vehicle equipped with compression ignition engines: safety requirements; emission from engine, level 6 (TIS 3046–2563)
1. This standard shall apply to motor vehicles of categories M1 M2 N1 and N2 with compression ignition engines and reference mass exceeding 2,610 kg and to all motor vehicles of catagories M3 and N3
2. This standard specifies safety requirements for pollutants, durability of pollution control devices and on-board diagnostic (OBD) system. The type approval of a completed vehicle given under this standard shall be extended to its incomplete vehicle with a reference mass below 2,610 kg. Type approvals shall be extended if the manufacturer can demonstrate that all bodywork combinations expected to be built onto the incomplete vehicle increase the reference mass of the vehicle to above 2,610 kg.
3. The type approval of vehicle granted under this standard shall be extended to its variants and versions with a reference mass above 2,380 kg provided that it also meets the requirements relating to the measurement of greenhouse gas emissions and fuel consumption in accordance with UN Regulation No. 49 Revision 6 Annex 12 Appendix 1.
4. The following do not need to be approved according to this standard: light duty compression ignition engine vehicles: safety requirements; emission from engine, latest level enforcement.
5. Equivalent approvals:
The following do not need to be approved according to this standard, if they are part of light duty compression ignition engine vehicles : safety requirements; emission from engine, latest level enforcement:
(1) Compression ignition engines to be mounted in vehicles of category N1 N2 and M2.
(2) Vehicles of categories N1 N2 and M2 fitted with Compression ignition engines fuelled
Equivalent approval as set out in paragraph 5. shall not be granted in the case of dual-fuel engines and vehicles.
6. Technical regulations of this standard derived from UN Regulation No. 49 Revision 7.
*Vehicles of categories M1 M2 M3 N1 N2 and N3 are as defined in TIS 2390-2563