Draft Notification of the Ministry of Industry on List of Hazardous Substances Act (No. x) B.E. xxxx; (8 page(s), in Thai)
This draft notification aims at amending the list of hazardous substances under the Hazardous Substances Act. This proposed list involves the revision and inclusion of certain hazardous substances on the list of hazardous substances annexed to the Notification of Ministry of Industry on List of Hazardous Substances B.E. 2556 (2013) and its last amendments (B.E.2563 (2020)). The summary is as follows.
1. Department of Industrial Works (DIW) revises the control of 2 entries on List 5.1 as follows.
(1) Entry no. 202 triethanolamine, to add the condition under which this chemical will be regulated. The condition is "only concentration >30% w/w".
(2) Entry no. 247 benzyl cyanide, to be changed from type 1 to type 3.
includes Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), its salts and PFOA-related compounds, which are in the group of persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs), to List 5.1 as follows.
(1) Entry no. 526-533 (8 entries), to be classified as type 3 only being within the scope of specific exemptions under the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.
(2) Entry no.534-541 (8 entries), to be classified as type 4 in case of being outside the scope of specific exemptions under the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants, with the exception of being present as impurity with the concentrations not more than those specified in this draft Notification.
Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), its salts and PFOA-related substances which will be regulated under this draft Notification include
(1) perfluorooctanoic acid CAS no. 335-67-1
(2) ammonium perfluorooctanoate CAS no. 3825-26-1
(3) sodium perfluorooctanoate CAS no. 335-95-5
(4) potassium perfluorooctanoate CAS no. 2395-00-8
(5) silver perfluorooctanoate CAS no. 335-93-3
(6) perfluorooctanoyl fluoride CAS no. 335-66-0
(7) methyl perfluorooctanoate CAS no. 376-27-2
(8) ethyl perfluorooctanoate CAS no. 3108-24-5
2. Food and Drug Administration Revises the control of 24 hazardous substances as follows.
List 4.1, 21 entries (entry no. 18, 31, 39, 41, 47, 51, 52, 74, 75, 94, 109, 110, 111, 137, 138, 152, 168, 173, 189, 208, and 209
List 4.2, 1 entry (entry no. 3),
to amend the condition as follows.
"In products used in household or public health activity with purposes for inhibiting, preventing, controlling, destroying rodents".
List 4.3, 2 entries as follows.
(2.1) Entry no. 1, to adjust the name to "Products used in household or public health activity with purpose for inhibiting, preventing, controlling, destroying rodents"
and to add the exemption conditions as follows.
"Except products being under one of the following conditions.
Product containing essential oils from plant or animal as active ingredients.
Product mainly containing plant parts which may be processed such as cutting, grinding, chopping, slicing.
Product containing substances derived from plant or animal through the process of boiling, fermentation, extraction, combustion or any other processes without the addition of other substances intended to cause a chemical reaction as key ingredients.
However, the products under 1, 2 and 3 must not contain any synthetic chemicals as active ingredients."
(2.2) Entry no. 4, adding the exemption condition as follows.
"Except bleaching products containing enzymes as active ingredients and not containing synthetic chemicals as active ingredients."
3. Department of Livestock
- include "chlorpylifos" to List 3.1 (entry no. 24) which is classified as type 4 hazardous substance with the condition as follows.
"In active ingredients or products containing active ingredients intended for preventing, destroying, controlling insects or animal pests (except parasites living in animals)"
4. The producer, importer, exporter, or possessor of the type 3 hazardous substance prescribed in this Notification having been in business before the effective date of this Notification shall submit an application for a licence within 30 days since the effective date of this Notification. If registration is required for any hazardous substance, application for registration must be submitted within the same time period.
5. The producer, importer, exporter, or possessor of the type 4 hazardous substance prescribed in this Notification having been in business before the effective date of this Notification shall comply with the order of competent official within 180 days since the effective date of this Notification.