Food Enzyme, Processing Aids, Food Additives (HS code : 3507)
Draft MOPH Notification, B.E..., entitled "Enzymes for Food Processing"; (46 page(s), in Thai)
Since the MOPH Notification No. 409 (BE. 2562) issued by virtue of the Food Act B.E. 2522 entitled "Enzyme for use in Food Processing" has been published, there are certain ambiguities in the application of this notification. In order to remove the such ambiguities, the MOPH notification shall be revised.
By the virtue of the articles 5 and 6(6) of the Food Act of B.E.2522, the MOPH has issued the (draft) MOPH Notification which can be summarized as follow:
1. The MOPH notification No. 409 (BE. 2562) issued by virtue of the Food Act B.E. 2522 entitled "Enzyme for use in Food Processing" of 9 July BE. 2562 will be repealed and replaced with this draft of MOPH Notification.
2. Based on the MOPH notification No. 409 (BE. 2562), there are certain requirements that are currently prescribed in this draft of the MOPH notification:
2.1 Requirement regarding mycotoxin and novel DNA are added to the general specification for food enzyme:
· In case of food enzyme originated from fungi, mycotoxin should not be detected.
· In case of food enzyme originated from genetically modified organisms, novel DNA or gene materials which are the results of the use of gene technology shall not be detectable.
2.2 A material which is used for immobilized enzyme shall not release toxic substances into food by reference to the migrati0on limit set out in the MOPH notification on plastic food packaging.
2.3 Enzymes, source of enzymes, functions and conditions of use are revised as appear in Annex I.
2.4 Silicon dioxide, D-glucitol syrup and sorbitol syrup are added to Annex IV, food additive used in enzyme preparation.
2.5 Enzymes used in the production of food additives and production of processing aids are also excluded from this draft of the MOPH notification.
3. This notification shall enter into force after the date of its publication in the Government Gazette.
This regulation has been notified as SPS Notification.