Food in general (ICS code: 67.040)
Draft Ministry of Public Health Notification (MOPH), No. ... B.E. ..., entitled "Food Containing Pesticide Residues (No. 4)". Language(s): Thai and English. Number of pages: 4 and 4
For consumer protection, the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) is proposing to revise the MOPH Notification concerning the maximum residue level of pesticides in food through a risk-based framework focused on either short-term (acute) or long-term (chronic) exposures using Thai food consumption data and field trial data. The main elements of the draft notification are as follows:
1. Added the provision of Section 6(8) of the Food Act B.E. 2522 (1979) in conjunction with Clause 4/1; prescribed food containing pesticide defined as Hazardous Substances Type 4 in Annex 1 of the MOPH Notification concerning the maximum residue level of pesticides in food; are prohibited from being produced, imported or sold;
2. Add the definition of processed food and criteria for consideration maximum residue limit for processed food of the MOPH Notification No. 387;
3. Revised the of Maximum Residue Limit (MRL) for Carbaryl in mangosteen in the annex 2 of the MOPH Notification No. 387;
4. The following Maximum Residue Limits (MRLs) are added to annex 2 of the MOPH Notification No. 387, as follows:
5. This draft Notification shall come into force after the date of its publication in the Government Gazette.