Foods (ICS Code: 67.040)
Draft MOPH Notification, B.E..., entitled "Maximum levels for contaminants and toxins in food". Language(s): Thai. Number of pages: 15
Since contamination and mycotoxins generally may imply a risk to human health and since Codex has established the General Standard for Contaminants and Toxins in Food and Feed (CXS 193-1995), the Ministry of Public Health has amended the maximum level requirements of contaminants and toxins in food as follows:
1) The MOPH will revoke several MOPH notifications regarding the ML requirements as shown in Annex 1 and replace them with the MLs as shown in Annex 2 of this draft notification.
2) Annex 2 sets out the maximum levels for certain contaminants including:
a) heavy metals (i.e. arsenic, cadmium, mercury, lead and tin);
b) mycotoxins (i.e. aflatoxin, Deoxynivalenol, Fumonisins B1+B2 and Ochratoxin A);
c) other contaminants (i.e. hydrocyanic acid, cyclopropenoid fatty acid, melamine, 3-MCPD); and
d) radionuclides (i.e. Pu-238, I-129, Cs-137 C-14).
3) The methods of analysis for concerned contaminants shall comply with the methods prescribed in Annex 3.
4) This draft notification shall not apply to:
a) food additives, processing aid that comply with MOPH notification Re: food additives;
b) drinking water in seal container that comply with MOPH notification Re: drinking water in seal container;
c) mineral water that comply with MOPH notification Re: mineral water;
d) flavouring agents that comply with MOPH notification Re: flavouring agents;
e) other foods with maximum levels of contaminants and toxins that have been specifically announced by MOPH.
5) Manufacturers or importers of food shall comply with this draft notification within 180 days from the date of entry into force of this draft notification. This draft notification shall come into force from the day following the date of its publication in the Government Gazette.