Ventilators. Fans. Air-conditioners (ICS 23.120), Heat pumps (ICS 27.080)
Air Conditioners - Minimum Energy Performance, Labelling and Testing Requirements for Low Capacity Window Type and Single-Split (26 page(s), in English)
This standard specifies the Minimum Energy Performance Standard (MEPS) and the energy labelling requirements for single-package of window type, single split-system non-ducted air conditioners using air-cooled condensers, single split-system ducted air-conditioners using air-cooled condensers, and heat pumps using air-cooled condensers or using electric resistance for residential, commercial and industrial sector as applicable in accordance with SASO standards.
The standard applies to units designed to operate with the following voltages:
· AC single phase circuits of 220 V or 230 V,
· DC single phase up to 400V,
· Designed for dual voltage (including DC) up to 400V,
· Voltage range including above values, and three phase circuits of 380 V or 400 V
· At frequency of 60 Hz
The standard covers units with capacities up to and including 65,000 Btu/h (19 kW).
Note: For any additional requirements such as safety, please refer to SASO related standards.
The following units are excluded from the scope of this standard:
1. Units covered by SASO 2874: 2016 ''Air Conditioners – Minimum Energy Performance Requirements and Testing Requirements'' standard
2. Evaporative coolers
3. Mobile (windowless) and portable units with exhaust air duct
4. Individual assemblies not constituting a complete refrigeration system such as condensing units for separate use
5. Models that have been granted exemption by SASO due to specific design for applications such as air-conditioners that are not intended for human comfort