Air conditioners; Fans. Air conditioners (ICS 23.120)
NTON 14 030-20/ RTCA 23.01.78:20 Productos eléctricos. Acondicionadores de aire tipo dividido inverter, con flujo de refrigerante variable descarga libre y sin ductos de aire. Especificaciones de eficiencia energética (Nicaraguan Mandatory Technical Standard (NTON) No. 14 030-20/Central American Technical Regulation (RTCA) No. 23.01.78:20: Electrical products. Split-type, free-flow, ductless inverter air conditioners with variable refrigerant flow. Energy efficiency specifications) (14 pages, in Spanish)
The notified Regulation seeks to establish the minimum seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER), test methods, conformity assessment procedure and labelling requirements for split-type, free-flow, ductless inverter air conditioners with variable refrigerant flow, which are manufactured, imported or marketed in the States Parties.
The Regulation applies to split-type, free-flow, ductless inverter air conditioners with variable refrigerant flow, powered by electricity, with nominal cooling capacities of up to 19,050W (65,000 BTU), which operate by mechanical compression and include an air-cooling evaporator coil, a frequency compressor with variable refrigerant flow and an air-cooled condensing coil, and which are manufactured, imported or marketed in the States Parties.
The following devices are excluded from the scope of this Technical Regulation:
1. Water-source heat and cooling-only pumps
2. Units designed for use with additional ducting
3. Mobile units (not window-type) with a condenser exhaust duct
4. Multi-split units with a frequency compressor and variable refrigerant flow
5. Floor/ceiling units that exceed the limit of 19,050W (65,000 BTU)
6. Household goods
7. Samples of no commercial value, depending on each State Party's procedure