Projet d'Arrêté du Ministre de l'Agriculture, de la Pêche Maritime, du Développement Rural et des Eaux et Forêts fixant les dénominations et les caractéristiques des olives de table (Draft Order of the Minister of Agriculture, Marine Fisheries, Rural Development, Water Resources and Forestry establishing the names and characteristics of table olives) Language(s): French Number of pages: 6
The purpose of the notified draft Order on table olives is to establish a regulatory framework for the preserved and semi-preserved vegetable sector within the framework of the new legislation on the safety of food products. The notified draft Order issued under Article 3 of Decree No. 2-20-422 on the quality and food safety of preserved and semi-preserved vegetables aims primarily to:
- Establish the names of table olives according to the processing method used;
- determine the presentation of the product and the defect thresholds permitted by type and category of olive;
- classify olives according to level of ripeness
- establish the physico-chemical characteristics of table olive brine; and
- provide for the specific information to be included on labelling.