Meteorological Instruments subject to Article 12-2: Thermometers, Barometers, Hygrometers, Anemoscopes, Anemometers, Sunshine recorders, Pyranometers, Rain gauges, Evaporimeters, Snow-depth sensors
Draft partial amendment of the Enforcement Decree of the Weather Observation Standardization Act Draft partial amendment of the Enforcement Rules of the Weather Observation Standardization Act (17 page(s), in Korean; 67 page(s), in Korean)
Korea Meteorological Administration of the Republic of Korea is proposing to amend the "Enforcement Decree of the Weather Observation Standardization Act" and "Enforcement Rules of the Weather Observation Standardization Act". The main changes proposed are:
This is the introduction of a type approval system for meteorological observation instruments that are provided for observation purposes to organizations performing meteorological observation.
As the Weather Observation Standardization Act [Enforcement Date 18. Apr. 2021, Act No.15585, 17. Apr, 2018., Partial Amendment] is revised, it describes in details such as meteorological instruments applicable to a type approval and the requirements for designation of type approval agencies which are entrusted by the law including necessary matters for the enforcement of it.
- Meteorological instruments prescribed by Presidential Decree subject to type approval (Article 5-2 of Draft)
- Requirements for designation of type approval agency (Article 5-3 of Draft)
- Deletion of the list of instruments for testing and approval as meteorological instruments (Article 6 of Draft)
- In consideration of the current testing environment, adjustment of exemption list from the testing and approval as meteorological instruments (Article 6-2 of Draft)
- Revision of the requirements for the designation of meteorological instrument testing agency to match the requirements for the designation of type approval agency (Article 7 of Draft)