Proposed Revision of the "Enforcement Rule of the Act on Labelling and Advertising of Foods" (5 page(s), in Korean; 8 page(s), in Korean)
The proposed amendment is to:
1. expand nutrition labelling to rice cakes, processed saccharide products, etc. that:
- contain comparatively high sugar/sodium; or
- are frequently consumed by the Koreans; or
- are asked to be labelled nutrition fact by the Korean consumers.
2. include foods labelling or advertising health claim to subject of voluntary review board; add condemned food with functional compounds to recall category; reinforce administrative sanctions for health claim labelling or advertising foods.