Proposed amendments to the Standards and Specifications for Food Additives. Language(s): Korean. Number of pages: 26
The Republic of Korea is proposing to amend the "Standards and Specifications for the Food Additives".
1) The standards for enzyme preparations are established as follows:
- The Manufacturing standards for immobilized enzymes are newly established;
- The preservation and distribution standards for enzymes is added;
- The general use level for enzymes is newly established.
2) The standard for the use of methyl cellulose is revised:
Use less than 2% in food → The usage of a food additive should be limited to a minimum amount that is required to achieve its physical, nutritive, and other technical effects.
3) Synonyms for the following four synthetic flavouring substances are added:
Fenchol, Geranyl acetone, 5-Methyl-2-hept-4-one, (E,Z)-3,6-Nonadien-1-ol.
4) The analytical methods for the following ten food additives are revised: (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt; Propyl Gallate; Calcium Dihydrogen Pyrophosphate; Sodium Alginate; Sodium Aluminium Phosphate, Basic; Sodium Phosphate, Basic; Magnesium Phosphate, Basic; Sodium Phosphate, Monobasic; Ammonium Phosphate, Monobasic; Tea Extract.