Proposed Amendments to the Standards and Specifications for Foods.
The proposed amendments seek to:
1. Revise the preservation and distribution standards:
- Expand the type of frozen products that can be distributed after thawing;
- Allow refrigerated meat to be temporarily frozen for mincing;
- Allow the use of room temperature and refrigerated products as components of frozen meal kit;
2. Revise the definition of food type:
- Expand the product type of Nutritional formulas for elderly and patients;
- Revise the definition of meal kit containing meat.