Proposed amendments to the Standards and Specifications for Food Additives. Language(s): Korean. Number of pages: 110
Republic of Korea is proposing to amend the "Standards and Specifications for the Food Additives".
1. In order to distinguish clearly mixed preparations from foods, the provisions for mixed preparations are revised.
2. the following 2 food additives are classified according to manufacture process and ADI based on CODEX classification
Carmel Color → Carmel Color I, Carmel Color II, Carmel Color III, Carmel Color IV
Glycerin Esters of Fatty Acids → Diacetyltartaric Acid and Fatty Acid Esters of Glycerol, Glycerin Esters of Fatty Acids, Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids, Polyglycerol Esters of Interesterified Ricinoleic Acid
3. The standards for the use of the following 16 food additives are revised:
Carmel Color I, Carmel Color II, Carmel Color III, Carmel Color IV, Diacetyltartaric Acid and Fatty Acid Esters of Glycerol, Flavoring Substances, Natural Flavoring Substances, Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids, Polyglycerol Esters of Interesterified Ricinoleic Acid, Sulfites(Sodium Metabisufite, Potassium Metabisufite, Sulfur Dioxide, Sodium Bisulfite, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Hydrosulfite), Synthetic Flavoring Substances
4. The analytical methods for the following 5 food additives are revised.
Arabic Gum, Cross-Linked Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Sodium Methoxide, Sodium Selenite, Zinc Gluconate
5. The provision concerned micro-organism used for manufacture of food additives in Annex 1 is clearly revised.