Proposed amendments to the Standards and Specifications for Food Additives. Language(s): Korean. Number of pages: 31
The Republic of Korea is proposing to amend the "Standards and Specifications for the Food Additives".
1) The provision for the natural occurrence of benzoic acid is newly established.
Benzoic acid detected below 0.02 g/kg in food except the ingredients of animal origin can be considered as natural occurrence.
* The amounts already recognized as natural occurrence by the MFDS can be applied for the judgement of natural occurrence.
2) The use level of the following six food additives is revised:
Sorbic acid, Calcium sorbate, Potassium sorbate, Ethyl acetate, Isopropyl alcohol, nisin.
3) The general use level of sterilizing agent and food-contact surface sanitizing solutions is revised.
4) The analytical methods for the following eight food additives are revised: (Food additives) Calcium phosphate Tribasic, Disodium 5'-Inosinate, Disodium 5'-Ribonucleotide, Ferrous Fumarate, Oleoresin Paprika, Sodium Molybdate, Spice Oleoresins, Yeast.