Electrical Appliances and Consumer Products (Repurposed Battery)
Proposed amendment to the Enforcement Rule of the Electrical Appliances and Consumer Products Safety Control Act; (60 page(s), in Korean)
KATS proposes amendments to the Enforcement Rule of the Electrical Appliances and Consumer Products Safety Control Act. The main modification is as below.
- (products) Electrical appliances manufactured for the purpose of reusing used batteries are designated as repurposed batteries (Articel 3, Table 7-2)
- (Safety Standards) Establish a basis for applying new safety standards to products for which it is difficult to apply the notified safety standards (Article 55-6)
- (Inspection procedure) Application for safety inspection, total inspection of repurposed batteries, manufacturer's duty to keep inspection documents, safety inspection certificate issuance regulations (Article 55-4, 55-5, 55-7, form 25, 26)
- (labeling) Regulations on labeling and labeling items before shipment of products that have been inspected (Article 55-8, table 9)
- (Designation application) Inspection agency designation procedure and safety inspection document storage obligation regulations (Article 55-2, 55-3, form 22~24) - (Cancellation of designation) Establish criteria for cancellation of designation and suspension of business due to illegal acts of inspection agencies (Article 55-9, table12-2)