Food additives, complex food additives, flavors, technological aids, food products in terms of the content of food additives in it, biologically active substances from flavors, residual quantities of technological aids.
Draft amendments No. 2 to the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union "Safety Requirements for Food Additives, Flavors and Technological Aids" (TR CU 029/2012) (544 page(s), in Russian)
Draft amendments No. 2 to the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union "Safety Requirements for Food Additives, Flavors and Technological Aids" (TR CU 029/2012) (hereinafter - Draft Amendments No. 2, (TR CU 029/2012)) applies to food additives, flavors and technological aids of the Eurasian Economic Union, as well as food products containing them, include changes to the definitions of the terms "food flavoring", "natural flavoring substance", "complex food additive", "carrier, "technological aid", "traditional methods of food production", "table sweetener", "contrast amplifier", provides for separate new terms, contains editorial changes and establishes additional requirements:
· to the safety of food additives, flavors and technological aids, as well as their use in the manufacture of food products;
· to labeling, conformity assessment, production processes (manufacturing), storage, transportation (transportation), sale and disposal of food additives, flavors and technological aids;
· to the list of food additives allowed for use in the manufacture of food products;
· to the hygienic standards for the use of anti-caking agents, antioxidants, flour treatment agents, glazers, acids and acidity regulators, preservatives, dyes, carriers, sweeteners, propellants and packaging gases, flavor and aroma enhancers, brightening filter materials, flocculants and sorbents, catalysts, extraction and technological solvents, nutrients (top dressing) for yeast, auxiliary agents with other technological functions, food additives to food products for baby food and for infants;
· to food products, the production of which the use of dyes is not allowed, and in the production of which certain dyes are allowed;
· to the list of flavoring chemicals permitted for use in the production of food flavors; to permissible levels of biologically active substances in food products through the use of plant materials and flavors from plant materials;
· to enzyme preparations permitted for use in the manufacture of food products. Draft amendment No. 2 has been prepared for: protection of life and health of people and prevention of actions misleading consumers of food additives, flavors and technological aids; reducing the risk of falsification of food additives, flavors and technological aids, increasing the export potential of the producers of the Eurasian Economic Union member states, excluding the possibility of a double interpretation of certain provisions of the TR CU 029/2012; harmonization of the requirements of the TR CU 029/2012 with the current requirements of the relevant international Codex Alimentarius standards and European Union directives, harmonization of the requirements of TR CU 029/2012 and Unified sanitary-epidemiological and hygienic requirements for goods subject to sanitary-epidemiological supervision (control), approved by the Decision of the Commission of the Customs Union of 28 May 2010 No. 299.