Labelling of Pre-Packaged Goods; Packaging and distribution of goods in general (ICS 55.020)
Standard Specification for the Labelling of Pre-packaged Goods – Part 2: Specific requirements (18 page(s), in English)
This standard specifies requirements for the information to be included on labels of goods pre-packaged for sale, the method of display of such information, and where necessary, the wording and units of measurements to be used.
The standard does not apply to the following:
1. Goods that are sold unpackaged, or in an open or uncovered package;
2. Goods that are weighed measured or counted in the presence of the purchaser with or without being packaged;
3. Goods packaged not intended for retail sale;
4. Goods or classes of goods where different or additional information is prescribed by any CARICOM Regional Standard;
5. Goods intended for export only which comply with the requirements of standards or laws on labelling enforced in the country to which they are being exported;
6. Markings on shipping containers; and
7. Goods in commercial quantities that are not for retail sale.