Mayonnaise; Preparations for sauces and prepared sauces; mixed condiments and seasonings (excl. soya sauce, tomato ketchup and other tomato sauces, mustard, and mustard flour and meal) (HS 210390); Animal and vegetable fats and oils (ICS 67.200.10), Prepackaged and prepared foods (ICS 67.230)
SI 431 - Mayonnaise (13 page(s), in English; 4 page(s), in Hebrew)
New draft standard revision of the Mandatory Standard SI 431, dealing with mayonnaise. This draft standard revision adopts the European rules collection - FIC Europe – Code of practice – Mayonnaise – October 2015, and therefore significantly differs from the old standard. The major differences between the old version and this new revised draft standard are as follow:
· Narrows the standard's scope to include only mayonnaise and excludes any other type of water in oil emulsion spreads;
· Allows the use of additional food ingredients;
· Adds to paragraph 2.3 dealing with food additives a reference to Israel's Public Health Regulations (Food) (Food Additives);
· Adds a new paragraph 4 dealing with food contaminants;
· Adds a new paragraph 5dealing with hygiene and changes the microbiological requirements.
Both the old standard and the new revised standard will apply from the date of entry into force for a period of two years. During this time, products may be tested according to the old or the new standard.
All sections of the new revised standard will be declared mandatory.